We're all in different places in our lives. Whether you're single, a young couple, middle-aged, senior or widowed, Southside has a Sunday morning Bible study group that is sure to become one of your favorite places to gather during the week.
Some classes focus on interpersonal issues. Others do different themes throughout the year. Some study books of the Bible in depth. Browse through this list of classes and then come join in one on Sunday!
MasterWork is a Bible study designed for adults who prefer deeper spiritual insight and daily personal study. They are based on a variety of renowned authors' works. For details about the MasterWork curriculum, visit their website.
Fall 2017: The Case for Antioch by Jeff Iorg and Invisible War by Chip Ingram
- Ladies, Room 138A, Teacher: Rebecca Kimble
- Coed, Room 136A, Teacher: Hollis Bagley
Lifeway Bible Studies for Life
Helping people connect their lives to Scripture and become mature and wise in their faith. When you're wrestling with issues and longing for wisdom, BSFL brings God's Word directly to your real life. You'll find yourself saying, "This makes sense to me."
Fall 2017 Topics: The Dark Side and Second Nature
- Ladies, Room 140, Teacher: Bettie Dougan
Lifeway Explore the Bible
Explore the Bible is designed to study one Bible book at a time. A structured, in-depth approach takes learners through all 66 books of the Bible in a sequential, eight-year plan. Within each two-year stage, the quarters alternate between the Old and New Testaments.
Fall 2017 Topic: Exodus and Leviticus
- Coed, Room 136B, Teachers: Mize/Jones/Jones
- Coed, Portable 4, Teacher: Rip Patton
- Coed, Room 123, Teacher: Wayne Miller
Access illustrates God's love and introduces Bible concepts to adults who have mental disabilities through stories, photographs, biblical teaching pictures, and activities.
- Coed, Penguin Room, Teacher: Scott McCoy
- College & Career - Learning about our strengths and weaknesses by looking at different Biblical characters.
—200 Westmoreland, Teachers: Heather Walker, Paige McClure, Patrick Welch
- Young Couples - For married, engaged, and seriously dating couples ages 19-39. We have hopes to expand this ministry with small groups, marriage mentors, and mission and fellowship activities.
— Portable 2, Teacher: Shannon McCaig
- Discussions In Depth - Having recently studied the book of Romans and the first two chapters of Genesis, this adult group is taking a fresh, honest, and sensitive look at the book of Acts. This is not your typical party line class. Through guided in-class discussion, we are learninghow to do church from the way the Lord worked with the early church. Along the way, we'll learn about missions, evangelism, business meetings, miracles-signs-wonders, and what a life devoted to the Lord can look like.
—Coed, Room 119, Teacher: Andy Sharples